Email is still the dominant form of communication on the Internet
Despite the growth of social media, email is still king.
Simplifying the modern email equation
What we try to do here is to simplify the modern email delivery equation. As a channel of communication, email still maintains its primacy but it is a method of communication that is regulated pretty heavily.
The legislation that covers email is obviously different in different jurisdictions but there are broad similarities in terms of terms of the main points that are dealt with in the various legislative frameworks even though different jurisdictions handle those points in different ways.
Our approach to the difficulties that can be created by the various legislative frameworks in different countries is to paint well within the lines of what is generally considered acceptable from a legal standpoint. We believe that double opt-in the best practice in terms of building a list with the intention of maintaining a ongoing relationship. While double opt-in is not always a legal requirement, it is always a good idea and even in the context of an ongoing transactional relationship it is a goo standard to strive for. We are also strong advocates of the idea of always
We are also strong advocates of the idea of always that a lot of problems that are sometimes associated with email can be avoided by the simple concept of clarity. For example, if you intent to maintain an ongoing marketing relationship with a new customer that tell them that at the beginning. An example of bad practice here would be to give the impression that the email address will only be used in a transactional context and then surreptitiously introducing a marketing dimension to the relationship without ever having mentioned this at the start.
Like many other Web sites, https://www.CommunityEditions.com makes use of log files. These files merely logs visitors to the site - usually a standard procedure for hosting companies and a part of hosting services's analytics. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. This information is used to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses, and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
Cookies and Web Beacons
DoubleClick DART Cookie
→ Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to our site's visitors based upon their visit to https://www.CommunityEditions.com and other sites on the Internet.
Our Advertising Partners
https://www.CommunityEditions.com has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browsers' respective websites. What Are Cookies?
We believe it is important to provide added protection for children online. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children to observe, participate in and/or monitor and guide their online activity. https://www.CommunityEditions.com does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian believes that https://www.CommunityEditions.com has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph) and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Terms Of Service
Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by CommunityEditions.com, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your CommunityEditions.com Account and Site. If you create a blog/site on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and blog, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog. You must not describe or assign keywords to your blog in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and CommunityEditions.com may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause CommunityEditions.com liability. You must immediately notify CommunityEditions.com of any unauthorized uses of your blog, your account or any other breaches of security. CommunityEditions.com will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, "Content"), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your blog’s URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by CommunityEditions.com or otherwise.
By submitting Content to CommunityEditions.com for inclusion on your Website, you grant CommunityEditions.com a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your blog. If you delete Content, CommunityEditions.com will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, CommunityEditions.com has the right (though not the obligation) to, in CommunityEditions.com’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in CommunityEditions.com’s reasonable opinion, violates any CommunityEditions.com policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in CommunityEditions.com’s sole discretion. CommunityEditions.com will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.
By selecting a product or service, you agree to pay CommunityEditions.com the one-time and/or monthly or annual subscription fees indicated (additional payment terms may be included in other communications). Subscription payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Payments are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal.
Unless you notify CommunityEditions.com before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a subscription, your subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such subscription (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time by submitting your request to CommunityEditions.com in writing.
- General Terms.
- Fees; Payment. By signing up for a Services account you agree to pay CommunityEditions.com the applicable setup fees and recurring fees. Applicable fees will be invoiced starting from the day your services are established and in advance of using such services. CommunityEditions.com reserves the right to change the payment terms and fees upon thirty (30) days prior written notice to you. Services can be canceled by you at anytime on thirty (30) days written notice to CommunityEditions.com.
- Support. If your service includes access to priority email support. "Email support" means the ability to make requests for technical support assistance by email at any time (with reasonable efforts by CommunityEditions.com to respond within one business day) concerning the use of the VIP Services. "Priority" means that support takes priority over support for users of the standard or free CommunityEditions.com services. All support will be provided in accordance with CommunityEditions.com standard services practices, procedures and policies.